Developmental Disabilities Worker Toccoa/LavoniaJob Title: Developmental Disabilities Worker Part-time
Department: Toccoa Center
Salary: $9.12 hour
Will work up to 29 hours per week. This is a part-time hourly position and is not eligibile for company benefits.
* Under direct supervision, assist individuals with Developmental Disabilities in a Day Program setting.
* Provides Group activities and supports
* Maintain a clean, healthy, and safe environment for consumers.
* Keep accurate documentation
* Use observation skills to remain aware of changes in the behavior and physical condition of participants.
* Carry out a person-centered Individual Service Plan (ISP)
* Candidates must be willing and able to:
* be fingerprinted and have background checked through the FBI and other law enforcement agencies
* have dependable transportation
* use your personal vehicle as often as needed to transport consumers
* work with developmentally disabled consumers
* work alone with a group of ten or more developmentally disabled consumers
* assist consumers in the use of toilet/bathroom
* change diapers of child, adolescent, or adult consumers
* transport consumers
* visit consumers in their homes
* assist physically disabled consumers in and out of wheelchairs and vehicles
* assist disabled consumers who cannot feed themselves independently
One year experience providing direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities
Associate Degree in Social Work, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Special Education, Education, and Psychology, Nursing or other related human services field
One year experience at the lower level position of Instructional Aide or CRC-E
Must be 21 and have 3 years of driving experience. Any applicant must not have six (6) or more points against their driver's license or a suspended or revoked driver's license within the last five (5) years.
**All applicants selected for a personal interview will be required to complete a basic typing skills assessment during the interview
The selected candidate will be subject to a FBI Criminal History Record Check. Applicants reserve the right to challenge the contents of a FBI Criminal History Record Check.
*Bilingual a plus.
*Excellent communication skills
*Excellent organizational skills
Back to List