Developmental Disabilities ProfessionalJob Title: Developmental Disabilities Professional Full-time
Department: Dahlonega Center
The Dahlonega Developmental Disabilities Service Center is in need of a Developmental Disabilities Professional (DDP)
This position is M-F 8am- 4pm.
The West Region is looking for a Developmental Disabilities Professional (DDP) to serve the greater Lumpkin County Area.
• Assist individuals with Developmental Disabilities in basic daily living skills.
• Maintain a clean, healthy, and safe environment for clients.
• Observes and monitors client’s behavior, charts, and reports observation and incidents.
• Provides training of basic personal and social skills, simple academics, or work skills to clients in residence, group home, or supported employment environment.
• May assist with meal preparation, ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or limited case management.
• Will transport clients as needed. Must be willing to use personal vehicle when necessary
- Will assist in the development of Individual Service Plans (ISP), monitor the implementation and delivery of ISP
Behavior Support Plan, and Crisis Plan and will complete necessary addendums.
-Will complete HRST, Functional Behavioral Analysis and provide direct support to Developmental Disability clients.
Must be willing and able to:
*have dependable transportation
*use your personal vehicle as often as needed to transport clients
*work alone with a group of ten developmentally disabled clients
*assist clients in the use of toilet/bathroom
*change diapers of adult clients
*visit clients in their homes
*assist physically disabled clients in and out of wheelchairs and vehicles
*assist disabled clients who cannot feed themselves independently
*Must complete required annual training.
Completion of a bachelor's degree in Social Work or a bachelor's degree in a relevant human services field AND one year of experience to individuals with Developmental Disabilities. Must have valid Georgia driver's license and no driver may have more than 6 points against his/her license within the last five years and no driver may have had a suspended or revoked license with the last five years.
In accordance with Georgia's Drug Free Workplace Act, it has been determined that this position warrants pre-employment and random drug testing.
The selected candidate will be subject to a FBI Criminal History Record Check. Applicants reserve the right to challenge the contents of a FBI Criminal History Record Check.
Interviews will be scheduled only for people who meet the minimum qualifications.
All applicants selected for a personal interview will be required to complete a basic typing skills assessment during the interview.
**All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview.**
**Positions may be filled before the closing (ending) date if a qualified candidate is selected.**
AVITA Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
This is a full time position and is subject to company benefits.
Back to List