Assistant Director of Intellectual and Developmental Disability ServicesJob Title: Assistant Director of Intellectual and Developmental Disability Services
Department: Thurmond Tanner
Open to All Qualified Applicants
Under the supervision of the Director of Developmental Disability Services the Assistant Director of Developmental Disability Services will assist in the evaluation of service eligibility, medical necessity, appropriateness and effectiveness of services provided for the purpose of maintaining quality care through judicious resources. The Assistant Director will assist in being the liaison between Avita and contract services providers, Federal, State and local government entities, third-party payers and managed care organization as needed in oversight of the Developmental Disability programs. Will assist with program development, consultation and technical assistance to DDS staff members. Will assistant in the interpretation of National and State Standards relevant to Avita policies, procedures, standards and guidelines regarding Avita’s Developmental Disability Services.
1. Will function as point person, as assigned by the Director of Developmental Disability Services, between Avita’s Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Program and external Managed Care Organizations (MCO), External Review Organizations (ERO), Support Coordination Organizations (SCO), Department of Community Health (DCH), Department of Public Health (DPH), Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), and other organizations as may be applicable.
2. Assists in the continuous improvement of Avita’s Developmental Disability Programs access, efficiency, effectiveness, and satisfaction, and with the planning and implementation of performance improvement, risk management, utilization management and quality management processes.
3. Assists in the oversight of the Family Support Program.
4. Assists in the coordination and provision of consultation and technical assistance for Developmental Disability staff members and contract service providers on internal external standards for accreditation, corporate compliance and risk management, service utilization management, quality assurance review and continuous performance improvement.
5. Will interact with Avita Board members, customers, clients, client family members and guardians, contract service providers, funders, regulators and other stakeholders as assigned and in a way that promotes person-centered practices, and contributes to excellent services and optimal service delivery outcomes. Will treat all stakeholders fairly.
6. Will assist with grant proposals, special projects and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have a bachelor's degree in a Human/Social Services field and 5 years experience in human services delivery; two of the five years must be specific to the provision of quality Developmental Disability services. Must have two years of supervisory experience. Must be or qualify to be a DDP.
Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services Field, 5 years of management/supervisory experience, and 3 or more years working in the IDD field.
**Positions may be filled before the closing (ending) date if a qualified candidate is selected.**
NOTE: All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview
Avita Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Position Reference # - 210532
Back to List