Certified Peer Specialist ACT TEAMJob Title: Certified Peer Specialist
Department: Gainesville Specialty Center
Salary: See below
• Will have clinical skills and experience to assess, plan and develop, coordinate and provide treatment, rehabilitation and support services to program clients with severe and persistent mental illnesses under the clinical supervision of the team leader and the psychiatrist.
• Advocate for clients and work with them on WRAP work book, teach coping skills, and create tool box, etc.
• Will support and guide Peer Support services in an outpatient setting.
• Will provide support to individuals with an SMPI diagnosis.
• Will conduct group counseling and assist with community resources.
• May transport clients as needed.
• 40 hours a week plus will be on call.
Must be eligible for certification as a Peer Specialist in the state of Georgia or must be a certified peer specialist in the state of Georgia.
**Salary is based on education and experience.
• High School with Peer Specialist certification – 11.50/hr.
• Bachelor's Degree in a behavioral health related field with Peer Specialist – 13.67/hr.
• Bachelor's Degree in a behavioral health related field with Peer Specialist certification and 1yr exp.– 15.54/hr.
**salary includes an additional 20% for on-call duties**
**candidate must be already certified **
** Must be 21 years of age with three years of driving experience. Must have valid Georgia driver's license and no driver may have 6 or more points against his/her license within the last five years. No driver may have had a DUI or suspended license within the last five years.
*Bilingual a plus.
*Excellent communication skills
*Excellent organizational skills
Avita Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
The selected candidate will be subject to a FBI Criminal History Record Check. Applicants reserve the right to challenge the contents of a FBI Criminal History Record Check.
This is a full time position and is subject to organizational benefits.
Back to List