Developmental Disabilities- Direct Support Provider -1 - BlairsvilleJob Title: Developmental Disabilities- Direct Support Provider -1 - Blairsville
Department: Blairsville Center
• Under direct supervision, assist individuals with Developmental Disabilities in basic daily living skills.
• Maintain a clean, healthy, and safe environment for clients.
• Observes and monitors client's behavior, charts and reports observations and incidents.
• Provides training of basic personal and social skills, simple academics, or work skills to clients in residence, group home, or supported employment environment.
• May assist with meal preparation, ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or limited case management
• Keep accurate documentation of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
• Will facilitate client community involvement.
• Remain aware of changes in the behavior and physical condition of clients, arranging for needed services to assure appropriate care is obtained.
• Carry out a person-centered Individual Service Plan (ISP)
• Assist with ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or
limited case management
Must be willing and able to:
• be fingerprinted and have background checked through the FBI and other law enforcement agencies
• have dependable transportation
• use your personal vehicle as often as needed to transport clients
• work with developmentally disabled clients
• work alone with a group of ten or more developmentally disabled clients
• assist clients in the use of toilet/bathroom
• change diapers of adult clients
• transport clients as needed
• visit clients in their homes
• assist physically disabled clients in and out of wheelchairs and vehicles
• assist disabled clients who cannot feed themselves independently
• One year experience providing direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities
• Associate Degree in Social Work, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Special Education, Education, and Psychology, Nursing or other related human services field
• One year experience at the lower level position of Instructional Aide/CRC-E.
• One year experience at the lower level position of Instructional Aide
• Must be 21 years of age with 3 years of driving experience and must have valid Georgia drivers license and no driver may have 6 or more points against his/her license within the last five years. Also, no driver may have had a suspended license or DUI within the last five years.
• Must demonstrate basic typing skills by way of a typing skills assessment.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Team player
**Positions may be filled before the closing (ending) date if a qualified candidate is selected.**
NOTE: All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview
Avita Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Position Reference # - 33881
Back to List