Director of Developmental Disabilities Services Internal Applicants OnlyJob Title: Director of Developmental Disabilities Services Internal Applicants Only
Department: Thurmond Tanner
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Developmental Disability Services (DDS) will assist in the evaluation of service eligibility, medical necessity, appropriateness and effectiveness of services provided for the purpose of maintaining quality care through judicious resources. The Director will act as liaison between Avita staff and contract service providers; Federal, State, and local government entities; third-party payers, and managed care organizations as needed in oversight of the Developmental Disability programs. Will provide program development, consultation, and technical assistance to DDS staff members. Will interpret National and State Standards relevant to Avita policies, procedures, standards and guidelines regarding Avita’s Developmental Disability Services.
1. Functions as point person and primary liaison between Avita’s Developmental Disability Programs and external Managed Care Organizations (MCO), External Review Organizations (ERO), Support Coordination Organizations (SCO), Department of Community Health (DCH), Department of Public Health (DPH), Department of Behavioral Health, Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), and other organizations where may be applicable.
2. Responsible for continuous improvement of Avita’s developmental Disability Program access, efficiency, effectiveness, and satisfaction; and with the planning and implementation of performance improvement, risk management, utilization management, and quality management processes.
3. Plans, designs, and manages the Family Support Services.
4. Coordinates and provides consultation and technical assistance for Developmental Disability staff members and contract service providers on internal and external standards for accreditation, corporate compliance, risk management, service utilization management, quality assurance review, and continuous performance improvement.
5. Interacts with Avita Board members, customers, clients, client family members and guardians, staff members, contract service providers, funders, regulators, and other stakeholders in a way that promotes person-centered practices, and contributes to excellent services and optimal service delivery outcomes. Treats all stakeholders fairly, giving no one preferential treatment.
6. Develops and assists with the implementation of grant proposals and special projects; performs other duties as specified.
The successful candidate must have 5 years experience in human services delivery; two of the five years must be specific to the provision of quality Developmental Disability services. Must have two years of supervisory experience. Must currently be or qualify to be a Developmental Disabilities Professional (DDP) as required by DBHDD in the Community Developmental Disabilities Provider manual.
**Positions may be filled before the closing (ending) date if a qualified candidate is selected.**
NOTE: All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview
Avita Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Back to List