American Sign Language Case ManagerJob Title: ASL Case Manager
Department: Thurmond Tanner
Salary: 35,000 per/yr
Positions available in Savannah, Columbus and Macon
• Provides a broad range of paraprofessional behavioral health and social services to clients and their families
• Under supervision, will organize and facilitate group counseling as well as:
a. Fluency in American Sign Language and a working knowledge of deaf culture
b. Knowledge of social, cultural, economic and special needs of deaf, deaf-blind, late deafened individuals who have communication challenges and the relation to social adjustment and opportunities for community contribution.
c. Knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the role and responsibilities of interpreters.
d. Ability to work cooperatively with local officials, community service boards/provider agencies and the general public and to make effective use of community resources.
e. Ability to write in English and communicate effectively.
f. Knowledge and skill in computer operation, video communication equipment.
g. Ability to travel in assigned geographical areas across the state to monitor services sites.
• Participates in treatment team planning, and performs crisis intervention.
• Will teach daily living skills to clients and will monitor/document progress toward treatment goals.
• Assists in dealing with personal and social problems
• May provide supportive counseling to clients and families and/or serve as a liaison for social services
• Will focus on skill development and assist with linkage to resources.
• Will transport clients as needed. Must be willing to use personal vehicle when necessary.
• Assists clients in locating and utilizing community resources including legal, medical, financial assistance, and other referral services.
• Counsels clients living in group homes and halfway houses; assists in pre-release and release planning.
• Implements and organizes the delivery of specific social services within the community.
• Implements life skills workshops and programs in behavior management, youth services, community and social services.
• Maintains contact with other social service agencies and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on client’s overall progress.
• Monitors client’s progress towards treatment goals.
• Provides short-term case management and referral services to clients with emergency situations
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health or Counseling or related field and one-year experience working with adults who have a SPMI diagnosis in a social services delivery setting. Must demonstrate advanced proficiency in American Sign Language.
*Motor Vehicle Report required on all employees who transport clients. Must have valid Georgia drivers license and no driver may have 6 or more points against his/her license within the last five years. No driver may have had a suspended or revoked license within the last five years.
AVITA Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Position Reference #: 216593, 216617
Back to List