American Sign Language Case ManagerJob Title: ASL Case Manager
Department: Thurmond Tanner
Salary: 35,000 per/yr
• Provides a broad range of paraprofessional behavioral health and social services to clients and their families
• Under supervision, will organize and facilitate group counseling.
• Participates in treatment team planning, and performs crisis intervention
• Will teach daily living skills to clients and will monitor/document progress toward treatment goals.
• Assists in dealing with personal and social problems
• May provide supportive counseling to clients and families and/or serve as a liaison for social services
• Will focus on skill development and assist with linkage to resources.
• Will transport clients as needed. Must be willing to use personal vehicle when necessary.
• Assists clients in locating and utilizing community resources including legal, medical, financial assistance, and other referral services.
• Counsels clients living in group homes and halfway houses; assists in pre-release and release planning.
• Implements and organizes the delivery of specific social services within the community.
• Implements life skills workshops and programs in behavior management, youth services, community and social services.
• Maintains contact with other social service agencies and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on client’s overall progress.
• Monitors client’s progress towards treatment goals.
• Provides short-term case management and referral services to clients with emergency situations
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health or Counseling or related field and one-year experience working with adults who have a SPMI diagnosis in a social services delivery setting. Must be a certified deaf interpreter. Must demonstrate American Sign Language fluency.
*Motor Vehicle Report required on all employees who transport clients. Must have valid Georgia drivers license and no driver may have 6 or more points against his/her license within the last five years. No driver may have had a suspended or revoked license within the last five years.
AVITA Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Back to List