Behavioral Health CounselorJob Title: Behavioral Health Counselor Cleveland/White County APEX
Department: Dahlonega Center
Salary: See Below
This is a full time position and is eligible for company benefits.
• Provide individual and group counseling to children and adolescents with substance abuse or co-occurring substance abuse / behavior health diagnoses; provide group therapy and family counseling. This position works 50% with the White County Public School System and well as 50% in the Cleveland Outpatient office.
• Will work in the community/county in locations such as homes, public schools, and courts.
*A Master's Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Community Counseling, School Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy from a CACREP, CSWE, CCPTP or COAMFTE accredited university AND be license eligible with the Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists allowing for an associate level license within six months of employment. (Upon receipt of Associate licensure, employee is eligible for a 5% increase in pay)
- Licensure with less than one year of post licensure experience - $42,000/yr.
- Licensure with one year of post licensure experience - $44,000/yr.
- Licensure with three years of post-licensure experience - $47,000/yr.
*Fully licensed LPC or LCSW preferred
*Substance abuse counseling experience
Must have valid Georgia drivers license and no driver may have 6 or more points against his/her license within the last five years. No driver may have had a DUI or suspended license within the last five years.
**All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview.**
**Positions may be filled before the closing (ending) date if a qualified candidate is selected.**
AVITA Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
The selected candidate will be subject to a FBI Criminal History Record Check. Applicants reserve the right to challenge the contents of a FBI Criminal History Record Check.
Back to List