Avita Community Partners
Other Career Opportunities
- a. Fluency in American Sign Language and a working knowledge of deaf culture
- b. Knowledge of social, cultural, economic and special needs of deaf, deaf-blind, late deafened individuals who have communication challenges and the relation to social adjustment and opportunities for community contribution.
- c. Knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the role and responsibilities of interpreters.
- d. Ability to work cooperatively with local officials, community service boards/provider agencies and the general public and to make effective use of community resources. e.
- Ability to write in English and communicate effectively.
- f. Knowledge and skill in computer operation, video communication equipment.
- g. Ability to travel in assigned geographical areas across the state to monitor services sites.
- Participates in treatment team planning, and performs crisis intervention.
- Will teach daily living skills to clients and will monitor/document progress toward treatment goals.
- Assists in dealing with personal and social problems
- May provide supportive counseling to clients and families and/or serve as a liaison for social services
- Will focus on skill development and assist with linkage to resources.
- Will transport clients as needed.
- Must be willing to use personal vehicle when necessary.
- Assists clients in locating and utilizing community resources including legal, medical, financial assistance, and other referral services.
- Counsels clients living in group homes and halfway houses; assists in pre-release and release planning.
- Implements and organizes the delivery of specific social services within the community.
- Implements life skills workshops and programs in behavior management, youth services, community and social services.
- Maintains contact with other social service agencies and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on clients overall progress.
- Monitors clients progress towards treatment goals.
- Provides short-term case management and referral services to clients with emergency situations
This position is located in our Administrative Office in Flowery Branch, Ga.
Under general to limited supervision, the Quality Assurance Manager works with other departments, as needed, to evaluate the medical necessity, appropriateness and effectiveness of paraprofessional behavioral health services provided for the purpose of maintaining quality care through judicious use of resources.
- Coordinates and performs service eligibility authorization review, quality assurance and billing compliance audits, service access, and continued stay reauthorization reviews.
- Acts as liaison between Avita service providers and third-party payers, managed care organizations, and external review organizations as needed in the performance of utilization and quality assurance management..
- Provides reports for internal and external use for performance evaluation and improvement.
- Interprets National and State standards, rules, regulations, and best practice guidelines relevant to Avita programs, policies, standards, and guidelines on corporate compliance, utilization management, and quality assurance.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in a social science.
*Experience in Behavioral Health Care utilization management/utilization review and or quality assurance, and experience using computer applications such as word processing, electronic health records, spreadsheets, and other database management software.
Avita Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
The selected candidate will be subject to a FBI Criminal History Record Check. Applicants reserve the right to challenge the contents of a FBI Criminal History Record Check.
Position Reference Number - 219427