Avita Community Partners
Behavioral Health Services / Developmental Disability Services
76 Hunt Martin Street, Suite A
Blairsville, GA 30512
- Under direct supervision, assist individuals with Developmental Disabilities in basic daily living skills.
- Maintain a clean, healthy, and safe environment for clients.
- Observes and monitors client's behavior, charts and reports observations and incidents.
- Provides training of basic personal and social skills, simple academics, or work skills to clients in residence, group home, or supported employment environment.
- May assist with ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or limited case management
- Keep accurate documentation of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
- Will facilitate client community involvement.
- Remain aware of changes in the behavior and physical condition of clients, arranging for needed services to assure appropriate care is obtained.
- Carry out a person-centered Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Assist with meal preparation, ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or limited case management
- Must be willing and able to:
- use your personal vehicle as often as needed to transport clients
- work with developmentally disabled clients
- work alone with a group of ten or more developmentally disabled clients
- assist clients in the use of toilet/bathroom
- change diapers of adult clients
- visit clients in their homes
- assist physically disabled clients in and out of wheelchairs and vehicles
- assist disabled clients who cannot feed themselves independently
- One year experience providing direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities
- Associate Degree in Social Work, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Special Education, Education, and Psychology, Nursing or other related human services field
- One year experience at the lower level position
- Must be 21 years of age with 3 years of driving experience and must have valid Georgia drivers license and no driver may have 6 or more points against his/her license within the last five years. Also, no driver may have had a suspended license or DUI within the last five years.
This is a full time positon and is subject to organizational benefits.
Job Description: This is a FT, 12 month position. Provides mental health services to Children and Adolescents in the Union County School system during the school year and will perform outpatient services through our county Outpatient center during school breaks. Includes individual counseling, diagnostic assessments, group therapy, family counseling and Individual counseling.
Minimum Qualifications: Unlicensed ($38,000/yr.):A Masters Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Community Counseling, School Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy from a CACREP, CSWE, CCPTP or COAMFTE accredited university AND be license eligible with the Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists allowing for an associate level license within six months of employment (Required).
OR Associate Licensure as an LAPC, LAMFT or LMSW (40,000)
OR Full Licensure as LPC, LMFT or LCSW *Salary is dependent on length of licensure (49,500 to 55,000)
(Applicants must not have six (6) or more points against their drivers license or a suspended or revoked driver's license within the last five (5) years.
Employees are eligible to apply for loan repayment assistance through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program. **All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview.*
* **Positions may be filled before the closing (ending) date if a qualified candidate is selected.** AVITA Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin. This is a FT - 12 Month position and is subject to organizational benefits.
Position Reference 218107